Platform Engineer - DevOps
Come help us build one of the most exciting new products for the media and entertainment industry! Qwire is revolutionizing how studios, editors, composers, artists, publishers, labels, and performance rights organizations collaborate. Managing the entire audio lifecycle of movies, television shows, and live sports broadcasts is no small task. Making sure that accurate licensing information gets to the right destination so people can get paid is even bigger. Studios like Warner Bros. are replacing their million-dollar home-grown solutions and spreadsheets with our SaaS offering.
You should have depth and experience across our platform. We like generalists, especially ones with ‘T’ shaped experience – depth in one or two areas along with broad interest in developing additional expertise. For this position, we’d love some depth in the CICD pipeline and testing automation. That said, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and contribute across the entire toolchain. At Qwire, we value a friendly, collaborative, data driven culture that places a premium on learning: slope over intercept. Our company is 100% remote.
- Your primary responsibility is to build, monitor and maintain a stable, secure, and robust technology platform that supports efficient ongoing application development as well as a safe, trusted, and snappy end-user experience.
- Further the development and implementation of our CICD pipeline, working closely with the Development team to automate all aspects of the application lifecycle, including build, test, deployment, and maintenance/monitoring.
- Promote Infrastructure as Code through the use and ongoing development of Terraform and change management practices.
- Support all aspects of the AWS/cloud platform environment(s), including services implementations, day-to-day operations, and performance monitoring.
- Play a key role in assuring that platform security continues to be a prime consideration in all platform-related decisions.
- Work with the entire engineering team to identify platform improvements to address pain points in the current development processes.
- Identify ways to improve our logging, monitoring, and APM; design and implement improvements to overall observability and performance.
- Collaborate with Product and UX to manage and execute our roadmap.
- Be welcoming and approachable. Answer questions about our platform and processes with kindness and compassion. Help others understand the work we do and how they can improve their craft.
Experience that will be helpful
- • Extensive platform engineering experience supporting an AWS/Docker/Node.js environment.
- • A track record of working with development engineers in the implementation of an efficient CICD pipeline.
- • Experience with cloud platform security best practices.
- • Experience with docker-based container development and deployment.
- • Experience with web design architecture and stage-appropriate scalability.
- • Some familiarity with database management, monitoring, debugging.
We don't require you to submit a resume, but please do submit one if you think it will help us understand your background. We place more emphasis on you telling us a bit about yourself, why you're a good fit for this project, and your relevant experience. A couple of paragraphs in the "About You" section will do.
Part of our interview process involves reviewing some aspect of our platform architecture together. We may ask a candidate to complete a Terraform code review, evaluate a Lambda function configuration, make architecture suggestions, or consider something else that is representative of the work we do. We've found this is a great way to assess potential team members. It shouldn't take you more than a few hours to complete. The objective is to create a level playing field that allows us to discuss actual issues we deal with on a daily basis.
Every candidate that submits an application will get a response. We'll reach out to selected candidates to schedule an initial call after reviewing each submission. Our interviewing process is fast and straightforward: no brainteasers, no designing on a whiteboard, and your first conversation will be with the VP of Operations, the CTO, or another engineer, not a recruiter.